
Little Church on the Corner - You Are the Best!!
By an overwhelming majority, LCotC is now an Affirming Ministry in the United Church of Canada. The meeting went exceptionally well. The best question of the morning was "What will this mean for our church on a day to day, Sunday by Sunday basis?" Several people spoke with wisdom and understanding to the question (I'll admit to feelings of pride as folks spoke so eloquently on the matter!) I can't remember word for word how I responded, but it went something like this:
- We will be living out the gospel we proclaim -- to Love our neighbours.
- We will be saying to the community in which we live "This is a safe place to worship God"
- Really, we will simply be saying publicly what we have already been striving to live daily.
- What that means in concrete terms for our church family is up to the Spirit, and up to us. Our journey together will continue...
Woot!!
19 comments:
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!
big round of applause here.
Hurray!!! Hurray!!!
Hurrah! Ths is encouraging news.
Whoo Hoo! Congratulations and welcome to the family of Open and Affirming congregations everywhere!
I know this meant a lot to you, so I'm glad that your congregation affirmed your leadership.
hurray! Somehow I had a feeling this would be the affirmation!
Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your church. It takes courage and strength to step forward like that as a church.
oh, and your prayer was beautiful.
Hurrah! I rushed over as soon as I could to hear the news - thanks for posting right away. You and Little Church continue in prayer as you live in to this new way of being.
The LCotC sure tries to be the best - and with thanks to you - it is........
how wonderful. i am glad. ^^
Well congratulations and hope this is the beginning of continued health and wholeness.
Good News! Your congregation's act is a sign of hope and love in a world that is too often torn by division.
A
Oh, that is wonderful news!
You're right. It's the "What does this mean on a week to week basis?" that is really the heart of the matter, not "What label have we agreed to attach to ourselves?"
Wonderful news! Hurray!
I can't help but think how timely your vote turned out to be, given the demonstrations today on the possible re-considering of Bill C-38.
Blessings to you and your congregation, from me and my congregation in Philadelphia!
WOO HOO! This makes my day!
Post a Comment