Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ten-minute coffee break blogging

Wow. It's been quite a week. Last week I felt that it was important for me to be available at the office to answer any lingering questions that folks had about the Affirming vote. I'm glad that I did, because a good number of people did stop by. However, I'm making up for lost time in the visiting department this week. I've also got a prayer service this evening and a memorial service tomorrow for a man who died very suddenly on Tuesday morning. It's so sad. I met him when his son and daughter-in-law were married six years ago and I was privileged to preside at the ceremony.

To add to their grief, his daughter-n-law's mother died on Saturday and was honoured in a Catholic mass yesterday. So much grief for one family. I do what I can, but feel so small next to their pain.

Our Parent and Tot group is meeting downstairs this morning and the children are all dressed up in their Hallowe'en costumes. There is much cuteness.

Back to it. I have to prepare for the prayer service, and get the homily started for tomorrow. My sermon for this Sunday is on the back burner for now. Add a church event tomorrow evening and a meeting on Saturday, and I really can't guarantee any degree of brilliance (or even cogence) for this week's sermon. I'm just sayin'...

My sister is a grandmother again!! Little S was born yesterday and all is well.

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

Fresh baby! That's affirming too.
We are doing the parent toddler thing today in the gym. I'm amazed at the variety and inventiveness of the costumes.