Truffle is presently ignoring me and refusing to answer my question, so perhaps the rest of you can help. Truffle coughed up a fur ball this morning on the only small piece of carpet in the entire living room! Our house is mostly covered in hardwood floors. It would be so easy to clean up fur balls from hardwood. But no. Truffle consistently finds the 4' x 6' area rug in the living room for this unfortunate fur ball activity.
Why?
Pillar thinks it is to avoid any unseemly splash-back on her royal paws. I think she is ensuring that her human slaves will be kept busy scrubbing carpets and will have no time to defy her feline rule.
I ask you cats -- What is it with the carpets???!!!
(Perhaps there are a few wise dogs out there who may have the answer to this important question. Feel free to share.)
6 comments:
Anything to maintain dominance...
Territory, it's all about territory, and the house, as you humans call it, is really ours (well, mine) and you live there by our (my) suffrance.
So quit your meowing (barking) and get out that smelly wet stuff you always use when we exercise our territoriality. Oh, did I forget to mark that croner? No problem...!
Now, where was I? Oh yes... {snore; dream of chasing rabbits}
--Sheba
Tanner says "What is this fur you speak of? My only expertise is in puking up grass, preferably on the lightest color carpet I can find. It gets me scads of attention!"
Signed,
Tanner the dog
I can't help you here, since my cat, Lotus, likes to cough up the furballs (and everything else) on the dark linoleum, so that the barf/hairball matches perfectly in color. This way, we only notice it when we step in it and it disgustinly squishes between our toes. I will kill her for this one day, mark my words.
My kitties said keep bleching away, if it makes you feel better. You can't help where it lands.
Maybe you need to try to feed the food that is suppose to help with hairballs. Maybe just clean it up and pet her a little, or brush her more. they really think its my fault if something goes wrong.
Rosie here. I am the queen of barfing at my house (Psalmist only thinks it's hers. We do let her pay the rent.) Trust me, carpet is WAY better, and sofas are the best! I've tried any- and everywhere in this apartment to barf, and the plusher, the better. I can dig in and really put my whole bod into the act. Once Psalmist caught me at it and picked me up and ran into the bathroom with me and plunked me down into the bathtub. A girl simply canNOT throw up properly in a slick bathtub! Have I been with her so long, and still she does not know this?
And Psalmist has tried the hairball control formula cat food. I like the taste OK; Jenny and I are not picky eaters. But when a cat's gotta barf, a cat's gotta barf. The food really didn't make much difference for me. And you know, life is not fair. I'm the short-haired cat in this house. Jenny, with all her long fluffy hair, rarely barfs. (When she does, though -- hoo-ya! What a show!)
Purrs (and barfs),
Rosie
Post a Comment