Many areas of the United States are having a heat wave. Global warming, anyone? Look on the bright side of melting glaciers and enviro-destruction by taking a crack at the Friday Five:
1. What's the high temperature today where you are? Well, the temperature here at the moment is 30 C, or 37 C with the Humidex. 37 Celcius is roughly equivalent to 99 Fahrenheit. Yup, that's hot.
2. Favorite way(s) to beat the heat. Well, right now I'm sitting at the computer next to the air conditioner. That's working for me. Jumping in a cold lake sounds like a good idea too.
3. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Evaluate this statement. I think once you get to temperatures above 30 C, the humidity level is secondary. Hot is just hot. On the other hand, I've never been to Arizona, so what do I know?
4. Discuss one or more of the following: sauna, hot tub, sweat lodge, warm-stone massage. I love a good sauna, especially when followed by a dip in a very cold lake, or even a good snowbank.
Hot tubs are gross. I cannot sit in one without thinking of all the happy little bacteria who are rejoicing that you have created this perfect home for them. Pseudomonas, anyone? There's plenty for everyone!
I've been in a sweat lodge. It was at the conclusion of my first CPE unit. I felt really pressured to have a deep spiritual experience that would change my life forever, so naturally, that didn't happen. I sat there sweating and waiting for this life-changing moment, but I guess it just wasn't the time or the place for my enlightenment. Or maybe there had been too much hype prior to the experience. I felt like a loser at the time, but now I reflect back and feel that we were manipulated somehow. Overall, I remember the whole thing as hot and disappointing.
I've never had a warm-stone massage, but it sounds lovely.
5. Hottest you've ever been in your life Back in the day (about 10 years ago) when I was running on a regular basis, I was one of those people who refused to miss my run. I ran in terrible rain, wind-storms, snow, you name it. I ran one morning when it was about as hot as it gets around here. It was a day like today -- 30C + and humid. After the first 3 km or so, I started feeling kind of woozy, so I walked for a bit and drank most of my water. I was still another 3 km from home. I had to sit down on a few curbs, but I eventually made it home. Duh!
Non-temperature related bonus: In your opinion... who's hot? Well, Pillar of course.
Other Gentleman hotties -- George Clooney, Keifer Sutherland
5 comments:
I'm with you on the hot tubs, but sometimes I just suppress the ick factor and go for it.
Another sweat lodge experience.
Yuck what a description of bacteria in the hot tub.
it's people soup, and you can't convince me otherwise
Ick. I have never hot-tubbed, and now I never will.
I have to say, go try the hot rock massage. It is unreal!
Post a Comment